The Resiliency Institute’s Resilience Roundup
Resilient Action Items
Roundup for March 13, 2018
Community Resilience Resilient Action Item
ReliefWeb. Crisis is becoming a new normal in the world today. Over the past 30 years, the world has lost more than 2.5 million people and almost $4 trillion to natural disasters. In 2017 alone, adverse natural events resulted in global losses of about $330 billion, making last year the costliest ever in terms of global weather-related disasters.
Business Resilience Resilient Action Item
BizTech Magazine. Tapestry has servers at sites across the U.S. and overseas, but its DR planning starts the same way every year: with a fresh business impact analysis, says Louis DaCosta, senior manager for business continuity and DR. His team brings together each of the business lines that represent such well-known …
Disaster Recovery Resilient Action Item
Wired.com. If you move to the San Francisco Bay Area, prepare to pay some of the most exorbitant home prices on the planet. Also, prepare for the fact that someday, your new home could be underwater- and not just financially. Sea level rise threatens to wipe out swaths of the Bay’s densely populated coastlines, and a new study out today in Science Advances..
- Using adaptive social protection to cope with crisis and build resilience.
- Bloomberg Mayors Challenge Unlocks a Flood of Tech Ideas.
- “Land Use Planning for Community Resilience.”
- How 4 Companies Readied Their Infrastructure to Weather Any Storm.
- Free 10-week course to upskill women in tech.
- Breaking Down The Gender Gap In Data Science.
Ignite, Engage & Transform!
- Resilient Action Items, Resilience Roundup: November 15, 2019 - November 15, 2019
- Resilient Action Items, Resilience Roundup: November 9, 2019 - November 8, 2019
- Resilient Action Items, Resilience Roundup: October 25, 2019 - October 25, 2019