TRI’s Resilience Action Items for
May 31, 2019
Community Resilience Resilient Action Item
Independent. Sweden is so good at recycling that, for several years, it has imported rubbish from other countries to keep its recycling plants going. Less than 1 per cent of Swedish household waste was sent to landfill last year or any year since 2011.
Business Resilience Resilient Action Item
Enterprise Storage Forum. During a disaster, a natural or man made event interrupts normal IT functionality like data processing, communications, virtualization, and network and data center operations. Research consistently shows that the loss of IT functions in a disaster leads to business failure.
Disaster Recovery Resilient Action Item
NPR. When the Camp Fire raced into the Northern California town of Paradise on Nov. 8, destroying nearly 19,000 structures and claiming 85 lives, Chris Beaudis narrowly escaped. He drove out of the Sierra foothills in his Ford …
- Sweden’s recycling is so revolutionary, the country has run out of rubbish
- San Diego Makes Strong Bet on IoT, Telematics and Apps
- Tool Shows Best Sites For Resilience Projects
- Disaster Recovery Testing: Ensuring Your DR Plan Works.
- Doubling down on disaster recovery-as-a-service – for business continuity and beyond
- Disaster recovery for business leaders
- Rethinking Disaster Recovery After A California Town Is Leveled By Wildfire.
- FEMA’s National Situation Report for 5-29-19
- Baltimore city government computer network hit by ransomware attack
Ignite, Engage & Transform!
- Resilient Action Items, Resilience Roundup: November 15, 2019 - November 15, 2019
- Resilient Action Items, Resilience Roundup: November 9, 2019 - November 8, 2019
- Resilient Action Items, Resilience Roundup: October 25, 2019 - October 25, 2019